|List of Sponsors||2018-19 Goals||Research Team|
|LAS Viewer||GBDS Flyer||Member Login|
Student Research Projects:
- Support of two graduate student research projects:
- Support of one senior thesis project:
- Mesozoic Sediment Volume Estimates, Northern Gulf of Mexico Fluvial Systems (Harry Hull, BS Honors Candidate, Geophysics)
Applied Science Goals:
- Development of new (seismic & well-based) Neogene paleogeographic and unit interval maps for deepwater Mexico, including seismic facies maps. Development of predictive source-to-sink scaling relationships in Mexico Neogene section.
- Development of new (seismic & well-based) Late Mesozoic paleogeographic and unit interval maps for Mexico shallow waters and tie to onshore geology.
- New southern GOM PETM source rock analyses, Chicxulub Impact Basin Sites M0077A and Yax-1, Mexico; comparison to US Paleogene slope/basin enhanced source rock habitats, and linkage to inboard northern GOM and onshore fluvial/deltaic processes.
- Update all GBDS Phase 11 GOM wide maps for Cenozoic and Mesozoic units with newly compiled wells and references, including Mexico offshore and onshore data based on open access Pemex reports and numerous (>100) university theses and dissertations).
- Continue delineation and mapping of pre-salt basins in northern GoM calibrated by detrital zircon provenance analysis through collaboration with M. Blum and B. Frederick (UKansas). Comparison to Mexico Pre-salt Stratigraphy, Campeche and Yucatan Margin.
- Expanded mapping of Ceno-Turonian (Tuscaloosa) fan system, deepwater northern GOM.
- Development of ten (10) basin scale cross-sections across entire GOM (US, Mexico, Cuba).
GBDS Database, GIS and Tools:
- Add to GBDS well control with new released well logs/biostratigraphy (480 new in Phase 11)
- Add to GBDS reference set as new references are released (353 new in Phase 11)
- Maintain current GBDSGIS database and provide interim updates to sponsors
- Continue to update and refine GBDSTools as science requires including new LAS viewer