Are you a prospective student? Learn about research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students at UTIG. Or visit our student pages to learn what it’s like to work here as a student research assistant.
- Postdoctoral Associate (Coastal Change)Apply by: Ongoing. UTIG and the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences invite applications for a postdoctoral research position to work on coastal change and sea level, with a focus on the Texas Gulf Coast. Continue Reading Current Openings
- Distinguished Postdoctoral FellowApply by: Jan. 2, 2024. UTIG invites applications for its Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellows program for 2024-2025. This is a highly competitive, endowed institutional award open to recent doctorates in Earth, marine, and planetary science or allied fields. Continue Reading Current Openings
- Research Assistant ProfessorApply by: Jan. 15, 2024. UTIG seeks to hire two Research Assistant Professors in the broadly defined area of Natural Hazards, with emphases in (1) Active Crustal Deformation and (2) Coastal Processes. Continue Reading Current Openings
- Postdoctoral Fellow (Geomechanics)Apply by: Dec. 22, 2023. Successful applicants will have expertise in: laboratory experimentation with a focus on rock mechanics and fluid flow in porous media; or analysis and modeling of drilling, geodetic or seismological data. Continue Reading Current Openings
- Postdoctoral Fellow (Earthquake Hazards)Apply by: Dec. 1, 2023. UTIG supports a range of Solid Earth Dynamics science including the study of fault systems and earthquake hazards from observational, experimental, and modeling perspectives. Continue Reading Current Openings
The University of Texas at Austin is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. All positions are security sensitive, and conviction verification is conducted on applicants selected.