Texas Space Grant Consortium and the Aviation and Space Foundation of Texas in partnership with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration have established this STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math) scholarship program in memory of the Space Shuttle Columbia astronauts. These seven men and women paid the ultimate sacrifice to expand the exploration of space and our knowledge of the world that we live in.
These scholarships are intended to recognize high-quality students and encourage their consideration of graduate studies in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and education fields which will ultimately lead to careers in STEM related fields. The scholarships stress:
- Excellence in academics
- Participation in Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics education projects
- Participation in research projects
- Exhibited leadership qualities
TSGC encourages participation by members of under-represented groups.
Each award is two thousand dollars ($2,000).
All TSGC Scholarship recipients must be:
- Citizens of the United States
- Registered for at least a half-time course load or more at a TSGC member institution in good standing as
- a sophomore at a 2-year institution or
- a sophomore, junior or senior at a 4-year institution or
- a first- or second-year student at a medical school
- Online application
- One letter of recommendation e-mailed or faxed to TSGC office
- Transcripts from all universities that you have attended
The next application deadline will be announced here.