|HOME||TEAM||PROGRAM AND REGISTRATION||RESOURCES||SPEAKERS||PHOTOS|
|Week 1||Week 2||Week 3||Week 4||Week 5||Week 6|
Dates: July 17-19
Where do we, as a University of Texas community, want to go from here?
Do we want a more formal, long-lasting cross disciplinary relationship among the various scattered research groups across U.T. that are now separately addressing different parts of this overall question of planetary habitability in the universe? After four weeks of external speakers and extended discussion on a wide variety of topics related to Planetary Habitability, we plan to meet together to explore the questions:
- What have we learned?
- Are there significant opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration?
- Are there core research themes that take advantage of existing strengths at U.T.?
- Do we want to pursue more formal and more permanent collaborative efforts?
- What about interdisciplinary academic as well as research efforts?
- Do we want to propose to join an existing national or international effort, such as the NASA Astrobiology Institute?
- Do we want to pursue a proposal to a major funding source (either private or governmental)?
We invite all people from the U.T. Community to join us in this discussion and mapping out of future directions. This is an extremely important outcome of our Pop-Up Institute. We do not want all of our efforts to simply vanish after the Pop-Up is over. We need to decide what sort of long-term entity we wish to create in order to carry forward our momentum in interdisciplinary cooperation.
Location: We will be meeting in RLM 15.216B on UT Austin’s Main Campus.
There will be a light breakfast starting at 9 am with discussions starting at 9:30 am.